Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Date Farmers Impress








The Date Farmers show is titled, 'Strange Fruit' and is up at Upper Playground's FIFTY24SF Gallery for the month of September.  I went to the opening last friday and took these photos: 



  Their work is impressive.  I've known of them for a few years now, and  I continue to be moved when I see their work in person.  I wish the same were true for other artists that I've been following for years.  My tastes change, evolve, but The Date Farmers still have that special something that I love in art.  It's hard to put it into words, but there's honesty and soul in their work.  There's lots of details for me to get lost in.  Notes, words, attached imagery, and the history of found objects.  


  

  Do yourself a favor, and go see the show in person.  If you can't make it to the show, you can always click the images to see them bigger. 
-- 
 The Date Farmers, "Strange Fruit"
 San Francisco, CA
 Sept 3rd thru Sept 24, 2009

No comments: